When canoeing you'll want to be wearing right gear for the weather conditions: Dress up extra warm and wear thermals if it's going to be colder, bring a rain coat if it might be wet, wear loose cotton for hot weather. Loose fitting clothes are much more comfortable for canoeing than tight fitting. For your feet old trainers or crocs are good. Don't wear flip flops or wellies. You will be provided with a 60 litre watertight plastic barrel or a 'drybag' in which to put all your gear. Even if you fall in the river (which is highly unlikely) all your gear will stay dry!
Here's the list of what to bring:
- a tent
- sleeping bag
- sleeping matt
- Change of footwear for evening.
- Swim suit,
- Sun hat, sun block.
- Warm hat for the evening.
- Toiletries, loo roll, & Towel .
- Plastic or metal Plate/bowl, mug, cutlery(label them so you know they’re yours).
- Insect Repellent (although there are not many bugs).
- Water bottle.
- Other stuff - : Binoculars, personal snacks, alcoholic drinks for the evening if wanted (please read FAQ about alcohol, camera…?