JOIN US FOR THE TRIP OF A LIFETIME beginning at Fort William and journeying through the magnificent waterways of the Great Glen to finish at Inverness. The Great Glen Canoe Trail is a truly awesome five day canoe expedition from coast to coast, paddling through lochs (including the entire length of Loch Ness), rivers, and sections of the Caledonian canal. Camping out Loch-side each night under the stars, in some of the most stunning wild camping spots you'll ever see**.
Your adventure begins just outside Fort William on the easy, sheltered water of the Caledonian Canal. Here we'll hone our canoeing skills before venturing out into more challenging waters. The trip finishes at Inverness on the other side of Scotland!
Throughout the expedition your guide can give tips to help you improve your paddling skills. The Great Glen Canoe Trail can be quite testy so by the end of the trip you will not only have enjoyed an amazing journey, you will also be a more competent canoeist.
The Great Glen Canoe Trail is certainly a challenging undertaking and there may be times on the trip when you ask yourself "why did I sign up for this?!" However, the rewards are great and the journey will be remembered for years to come. This trip is for adults and older children. Beginners as well as more experienced paddles are welcome. A basic level of fitness is required as we cover a lot of distance each day, as well as portaging (carrying your gear) around locks on the Caledonian canal. Please do contact us before booking if you are unsure whether or not you are up for it.
**If you don't want to camp we can help you arrange alternative accommodation, but this will be at your own expense.
The are only 8 places available on this trip as wild-camping space is limited so only small groups allowed. Don't delay if you are keen!
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION - please read
- Start point: Fort William. Meet 10am on day 1
- End point: Inverness. Finishing late afternoon on day 5
- Food: Meals are included from lunch on day one to lunch on day 5. Breakfast is cereals, fruit, eggs; Lunch is a buffet-style make your own sandwich affair. Evening meal is wholesome campfire cuisine. We believe that good food is an important part of the trip and so we do eat well on these trips and use high quality ingredients. Anyone is invited to help with the cooking if they like. Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements - you can indicate this on the booking form. Please note on the final night that we eat out in the cozy and friendly village pub of Dores. This would be at your own expense.
- Camping is 'wild'. You'll need to bring your own camping gear although we do have some available to hire if needed. (see the kit list below for details)
- Price: £650 . This includes:
- qualified (British Canoe Union) river guide
- hire of Canadian canoe, canoe paddle, buoyancy vest
- dry bag for your kit
- food - Lunch on day 1 to lunch on day 5.
- trail permit
- taxi shuttle back to Fort William.
- KIT LIST - Click here to go to the kit list
TRIP ITINERARY: Click here for a day-to-day breakdown of the trip