The max. group size for this trip is 6 people.
Anyone can join. Scroll down to see dates available.
Private bookings can be taken but ONLY for ready-made groups of 6 (i.e. you know 5 other people who want to canoe with you).
This trip begins in the sheltered picturesque harbour of Stoke Gabriel where we'll have a chance to practice some basic canoeing skills before we venture out into the wilds of the Dart Estuary, with its thick wooded banks and sparkling water. Journeying up river for an hour or so before pulling up for a brew and some sustenance (BYO picnic). We'll be paddling the stretch of water running by the Sharpham Estate which is known for its serenity, natural beauty and bird life. After stretching our legs we'll make our way back to Stoke Gabriel where the trip ends.
- Total time : about 4 hours
- Two or three people to a canoe (depending on size)
- All equipment provided.
- BYO picnic
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION - please read
- Start/finish point: Meet at the River Shack car park, Stoke Gabriel TQ96RD. Parking is £5.
- When you arrive, park your car and look for me down on the foreshore with the canoes.
- Timings: The start/end time varies according to tides - MAKE SURE to check the correct time for your trip which is indicated when you book.
- What to wear/bring: Wear loose fitting comfy clothes appropriate for the weather conditions. Bring a raincoat if it looks we might have a shower. FOOTWEAR: Old trainers/boots SUITABLE FOR MUDDY UNEVEN RIVERBANKS. BYO picnic, Water bottle. Sunhat/sunblock if it's going to be hot.
- WEIGHT LIMIT: Sorry but our canoes are not suitable for people who weigh in excess of 18 stone (114 kg) as they may tip over! If you are over this weight limit but already have some canoeing experience and feel confident then we're ok with that!
- What's included? Canoe, paddle, life vest, qualified guide. Refreshments.
- Price: ADULT £40 CHILD (under 13) £20