A scenic there-and-back canoe trip on the River Dart with a pub lunch.
We begin from Longmarsh, Totnes, where we set off with the outgoing tide. Leaving the town behind us, we join with the peaceful expanse of the Dart Estuary, with its thick wooded banks, and sparkling water. We follow the gentle meandering of the river as it winds towards the sea at Dartmouth, where the fresh meets the salt. We usually stop for lunch at Dittisham or Stoke Gabriel, where you can find great food in the local pub or cafe (see menus below), or if you prefer, a picnic on the beach. It's a great spot for children to go crabbing from the jetty. As the tide turns we'll head back towards Totnes where the trip finishes in the late afternoon/early evening.
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION - please read
- Meeting point: Longmarsh carpark (by Totnes Rowing Club) TOTNES, TQ95AL. You'll need money for parking meter.
- Timings: Usually 9.30am-5pm but may vary according to tides.
- What to wear/bring: Wear loose fitting comfy clothes, old trainers/boots, bring a raincoat if it looks we might have a shower. Picnic lunch and enough snacks for the day (or some money if you plan to eat lunch in the pub/cafe). Water bottle. Sunhat/sunblock if it's going to be hot. Crabbing line and bait? camera? Binoculars?.
- What's included? Canoe, paddle, life vest, qualified guide, refreshments.
- Price: ADULT £40 CHILD (under 16) £20