When canoeing you'll want to be wearing right gear for the weather conditions: Dress up extra warm and wear thermals if it's going to be colder, bring a rain coat if it might be wet, wear loose cotton for hot weather. Loose fitting clothes are much more comfortable for canoeing than tight fitting. For your feet old trainers or crocs are good. Don't wear flip flops or wellies. You will be provided with a 60 litre watertight plastic barrel or a 'drybag' in which to put all your gear. Even if you fall in the water (which is unlikely) all your gear will stay dry!
Here's the list of what to bring: Get in touch if you have any questions.
- a tent - small and lightweight is ideal. Make sure that your tent will definitely keep the rain out.
- sleeping bag
- sleeping matt
- enough clothes for 5 days.
- Waterproof rain coat and trousers.
- Change of footwear for evening.
- Swim suit,
- Sun hat, sun block.
- Warm hat for the evening.
- Toiletries, loo roll, & Towel .
- Plastic or metal Plate/bowl, mug, cutlery(label them so you know they’re yours).
- Insect Repellent. Midges are mostly gone in September but there may still be some around.
- Water bottle. I recommend these as then you can just drink the water that you are canoeing in! https://www.watertogo.eu/
- Other stuff - : Binoculars, personal snacks, camera…