SCROLL DOWN FOR AVAILABLE DATES - or BOOK A PRIVATE TRIP → → → → →
Explore a beautiful and scenic stretch of the River Dart by canoe, topped off with a gourmet riverside picnic, using food and drink sourced from small independent local suppliers.
The trip begins at either Totnes or Stoke Gabriel harbour. After a brief introduction to canoeing technique we set off and canoe for about an hour or so. We'll be paddling the stretch of water running by the Sharpham Estate which is known for its serenity, natural beauty and bird life. The canoeing is gentle and easy going, but enough to work up a good appetite for the sumptuous riverside picnic that awaits you. When you've had your fill, we'll jump back into the canoes and paddle to the end point (usually about 45 mins).
Suitable for novice canoeists and food lovers! (Adults and older children only.)
Tuition given and canoeing equipment provided.
Our suppliers include:
- Luscombe Farm Drinks
- Ticklemore Cheese
- Sharpham diary
- The Fish Deli Ashburton
- Riverford Farm
- Ashburton Deli
- Ella's Artisan Bakery
IMPORTANT TRIP INFORMATION - please read
- Start/finish point: We start and end this trip from two locations depending on the times of the tides. Your trip will start and end at either Totnes or Stoke Gabriel. Please check the start point for your trip and make sure that you turn up at the right place for the trip you have booked! The start/end point for your trip is indicated when you select your date.
- Stoke Gabriel start: Meet at the River Shack car park, Stoke Gabriel TQ96RD. Parking is £3.
- Totnes start: Meet at Longmarsh car park TQ95AL. This is the FINAL car park on Steamer Quay road, next to Totnes Rowing Club. Bring cash to feed the parking metre.
- Times: Vary according to the tides. The time for your trip is indicated alongside the date below.
- What to wear/bring: Wear loose fitting comfy clothes, old trainers/boots (your feet are likely to get wet and muddy!), bring a raincoat if it looks we might have a shower. Water bottle. Sunhat/sunblock if it's going to be hot.
- A note about weather: Trips are occassionally cancelled due to adverse weather (heavy persistant rain and/or strong winds). We aim to give you at least 24 hours notice if we have to cancel your booking due to foul weather. In this situation you will be offered an alternative date or refund.
- What's included? Canoe, paddle, life vest, qualified guide, gourmet riverside picnic.
- transport back to your vehicles in Totnes if needed.
- WEIGHT LIMIT: Sorry but our canoes are not suitable for people who weigh in excess of 18 stone (114 kg) as they may tip over!
- Price: Adult £50 . Child (under 13) £30